Minn Kota SM Riptide Saltwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor
Fights corrosion and runs quietly
SM mount does not budge or flex
Non-binding latch-and-door design
detailsback to top
Product DescriptionPrecision maneuverability. Accurate bait presentation. Meticulous speed control. You count on your trolling motor for a lot. And along the way, it has to fight corrosion, run quietly, and perform with flawless reliability. Riptide SM is the trusted powerhouse that meets those challenges head on, keeping you in position to make the catch of the day, every day.
Riptide SM Mount
* Take to the water with the confidence to power through anything. Tournament-tested, the rugged mount on Riptide SM resists corrosion and performs with flawless reliability. When stowed, the SM mount will not budge, flex, or vibrate.
Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster
* Change depths simply and securely with the Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster. It makes depth adjustment simple and locks in tight to keep your motor right where you want it.
* Get the best of both worlds with the new Tilt/Extend Tiller. It can both tilt (up to 45°) and extend (6") to fit the way you fish.
Push-to-Test Battery Gauge
* Get an instant "state of charge" with this easy-to-read gauge.
Weedless Wedge 2 Prop
* Push weeds away, and take on the thick stuff without battery-draining chopping and hacking. Weedless Wedge 2 features swept-back, flared blades for unrelenting, reliable prop performance.
Advanced Corrosion Protection
* Riptide motors are impervious to the corrosive effects of saltwater, thanks to premium-grade marine alloys and aluminum upper arms. Metals undergo a rigid multi-step cleaning process before being anodized or coated with a special zinc dichromate armor plating. All components are then finished with a durable 5-mil TGIC polyester, powder-coated paint.
Fully Encapsulated Electronics
* Marine-grade urethane fully encapsulates Riptide control boards to protect the electronic circuitry. Also, all electrical connections are sealed with liquid-tight heat shrink tubing to form an impregnable barrier against saltwater.
* Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals come into electrical contact through saltwater. Riptide fights back with a sacrificial zinc anode, a composite shaft, and properly balanced materials that are close in electrical potential. The result is a motor that is completely protected from saltwater and its destructive forces.
Indestructible Composite Shaft
* Pound for pound, our composite shaft is stronger than steel. It flexes on impact and will not break, kink, or corrode.
* This motor is backed up with Minn Kota's two-year warranty.