detailsback to top
Whether you are sight casting in choppy water or paddling safely with the children, you can feel safe and secure in your kayak due to the stabilizing effects of Yak Gear Outriggers. Yak Gear Outriggers provide an easy-to-install safety net for everything from rocking back and forth to toppling into the water. The adjustable outrigger arms are 30 inches long and will provide a float base roughly 22 inches from the port and starboard side of the boat. The boat side of these 30 inch arms is fitted into a Scotty 350 Rod Holder mounted to the boat. This rod holder is available for conventional rod holder use when the outrigger is not mounted into the base.
During transportation, the rod holders can be removed, leaving only the Scotty 241 base. Installation placement of the outriggers is recommended in the front. This is due to a tendency to bump shafts in the back with paddles or fishing poles. Frontal mounting also allows the outriggers to hover above the water while paddling because of the weight balance being primarily in the back of the boat. This outrigger uses standard size orange floats. Standard floats are best for total weights under 350 pounds and offer an additional 60 pounds of buoyancy. Kit includes all stainless steel installation hardware, installation instructions, and rigging tips from Yak Gear. Water proof silicone recommended, but not included.
• Outriggers provide added stability to any vessel
• Adjustable outrigger arms are 30" long and connect to the boat with a Scotty 350 rod holder
• Scotty 350 can be used as a rod holder when your outriggers are not in use
• Regular floats are optimal for total weights under 350lbs and add 60lbs of buoyancy
• Installation instructions and hardware included