ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS Centerfire Rifle
Bell and Carlson Synthetic Stock
Matte Finished Metal Surfaces
Free-Floating, Fluted Stainless Steel Barrel
Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil Pad
Our Price $1,049.99 - $1,199.99
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
detailsback to top
Product DescriptionThe Model 70 has always been a rifle for the ages and today's new Model 70 is the bolt-action rifle for the future. The Model 70 Extreme Weather Stainless utilizes a Bell and Carlson lay-up composite stock that provides a solid feel and features trim and lightweight ergonomics. It has a textured charcoal gray matte finish for rugged good looks and improved grip in adverse conditions. The sculpted cheekpiece helps insure proper eye-to-scope alignment from any shooting position and the thick, black Pachmayr Decelerator pad helps take the felt recoil bite out of high performance magnum cartridges. The Extreme Weather SS rifle's free-floating, fluted stainless steel barrel is made in the same factory as those found on U.S. military rifles and machine guns, and features a recessed target crown to protect the rifling. Like all Model 70s today, it features the Pre'-64 type claw extractor with Controlled Round Feeding so the cartridge may be easily withdrawn from the chamber at any point after it leaves the magazine. The classic three-position safety offers both on safe, and fire positions, plus a middle position that locks the firing pin, yet still allows the bolt to be operated, providing a greater margin of safety when checking the chamber condition or unloading. Two stainless steel sling swivel studs are installed as expected.