ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Uberti No. 3 New Model Russian Top Break Handgun
Item # 691406
Blue Steel Frame and Backstrap
Case-Hardened Trigger Guard
Our Price $999.99
Availability: Sold Out
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionThe Uberti Top Break is true to the original, designed by Major George Schofield at the Smith & Wesson factory in 1869. The Schofield revolver was created as a cavalry pistol. Its efficient, break-open design could be operated one-handed. That made it easy to eject all six spent cartridges and reload the single action revolver while on horseback. The U.S. Cavalry was slow to see the merits of the top break, but Jessie James, John Wesley Hardin, and Wild Bill Hickok saw the fast reloading capability as a distinct advantage in their line of work. After numerous trials, the U.S. Army finally purchased three thousand top breaks with an improved top latch design. However, it was the Russian government that truly embraced the new sidearm. The Czar ordered 41,000 top breaks with a modified grip design, lanyard ring, and a distinctive trigger spur. True to the originals, Uberti Top Break No. 3 2nd models are available in .38 Special, .45 Colt, and .44-40. The New Model Russian, chambered in .45 Colt and .44 Russian, includes Cyrillic barrel stampings.