ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Springfield Model 1873 Trapdoor Centerfire Rifle
Item # UF101696994
Action - Single Shot
Caliber - .45-70 Gov.
Barrel Length - 32-1/2"
Weight - 9.0 Lbs.
Sights - Open w/ Adjustable Rear
Our Price $799.99
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionA standard of the Old West, the Model 1873 Trapdoor was the first standard-issued breech-loading rifle adopted by the United States Army. The rifle was named for its hinged breechblock, which opens like a trapdoor. Among other features, this model incorporates a unique bayonet which also served as a cleaning rod and was carried full time and retracted under the barrel except in use. This early model US Government military rifle features a 32-1/2" blued barrel with an adjustable rear stock, a half-cock on hammer safety, and a non-original stock. Its wood and bore are in good condition and its metal is in very good condition.