Springfield M1911 Champion Handgun
Action - Semi-Auto
Action Type - Single Action
Caliber - .45 ACP
Barrel Length - 4"
Weight - 2.2 Lbs.
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionDesigned by John Browning, the Model 1911 was the standard-issue side arm for the United States armed forces from 1911 to 1985 and is still carried by some U.S. forces today. The Model 1911's longevity is due to Browning's often-imitated design, which incorporates the short recoil principle. The M1911 is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, and recoil-operated handgun chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge. During World War II, with Colt unable to keep up with the US military's high demand for the firearm, other manufacturers were commissioned to make the 1911 including the 1777-founded, government owned Springfield Arms company. The Springfield Champion 1911 comes with a 4" barrel which is 1/4" smaller than than that found on true Commander-type 1911 pistols, but like a Commander, the slide and barrel are matched to a full-size government 1911 frame. This pistol features a frame-mounted safety, a grip safety, and fixed blade front sight with a Heinie rear sight. Its grips, metal, and bore are all in very good condition.