Springfield 1911 Loaded Handgun
Item # 694018
Fixed Combat 3-Dot Sights
Cocobolo Hardwood Grips
Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
Our Price $949.99
Availability: Sold Out
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionDesigned by John Browning, the Model 1911 was the standard-issue side arm for the United States armed forces from 1911 to 1985 and is still carried by some U.S. forces today. The Model 1911's longevity is due to Browning's often-imitated design, which incorporates the short recoil principle. The 1911 is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, and recoil-operated handgun chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge. During World War II, with Colt unable to keep up with the US military's high demand for the firearm, other manufacturers were commissioned to make the 1911 including the 1777-founded, government owned Springfield Arms company. The 1911A1 differs from the original version of the 1911 in that it has a shorter trigger, cutouts in the frame behind the trigger, an arched mainspring housing, a longer grip safety spur to prevent hammer bite, a wider front sight, a shorter spur on the hammer, and simplified grip checkering by eliminating the double diamond reliefs.