Sig Sauer P229 Classic 22 Handgun
Item # 417578
Our Price $679.99
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionThe same trusted Sig Sauer P229 that has been used by civilian, law-enforcement, and military personnel the world over is now available in .22 LR. The Classic 22 is built on the same frame as its centerfire counterpart, meaning shooters can now enjoy hours of serious training at the range for a fraction of what they would pay practicing with full-recoil centerfire rounds. All Classic 22's feature the same Sig Sauer Four-Point safety system, which employs a decocking lever, a patented automatic firing pin safety block, a safety intercept notch, and a trigger bar disconector. The machined slides also feature a front sight adjustable for drift and a rear sight adjustable for both windage and elevation. With the Sig Sauer X-Change Kit (sold separately), shooters can convert the pistol to 9MM with just the change-out of the slide assembly, barrel, recoil system, and magazine without altering the reliability or accuracy of either assembly. Black Nitron finish.
q & aback to top
Do you have questions about this product? 4 easy ways to get the answers you need:
• Live Help - Real time help for basic questions. click here
• Customer Service - Use our online contact center to contact customer service and receive a response usually within 24 hours.
• Product Expert - Use our online contact center to contact our Product Experts to receive a response usually within 48 hours.
• Answer Box - Get answers from real customers by clicking "Ask a Question" below.
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
2 Questions | 2 Answers
Displaying questions 1-2
Q:This appears to be two guns in one. Is that the case, does it come with evertything to use it as a 22 and a 9 MM with no additional purchases needed?Asked on 5/7/2010 by BigIU from Indy
A:You will have to purchase the slide assembly with a barrel in your caliber of choice separately. But the conversion is as simple as removing the slide and putting the other one on the frame and will result in a standard frame P226.Answered on 7/22/2010 by Broc from Madison, WI
Q:Does this Sig 22lr 229r come with the .40 cal bbl to convert if not how much for the trade out bbl's?Asked on 12/5/2009 by snake from wichita, ks
A:See answer above. Conversion kits are available for 9mm, 357 and 40 cal. Converting the pistol is as simple as field stripping it. The converted pistol is identical to any other P229r in that caliber.Answered on 2/25/2012 by Sparksflyhigh from Kent, Oh
Displaying questions 1-2