Savage Axis Centerfire Rifle
Crisp, Responsive Trigger
Skeletonized Bolt Handle
Detachable Box Magazine
Free-Floated Sporter-Taper Barrel
Sling Swivel Studs
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionWith a similar design to the classic Model 110, but able to stand apart as a unique firearm, the Axis is a dependable, affordable rifle made by the trusted hands at Savage. The crisp Axis trigger has a pull weight of approximately five pounds. The bolt design is the same as the bolt on the trusted Savage 10/110, a design that allows the lugs to bear evenly on both sides in their respective bolt lug recesses at the front of the action, making for very even pressure on the rear of the cartridge case and assuring consistent alignment of the cartridge with the bore. The uniquely designed recoil lug of the Axis action is not sandwiched between the barrel and receiver as in many rifles, but is inserted into the synthetic stock, meaning that when the stock is removed from the barreled action, the recoil lug goes with it. The bolt handle is a unique design as well, having a skeletonized look from the top side, much like the underside of some bolt handles. The detachable box magazine of the Axis is well-crafted, and easy to insert and remove, even while wearing gloves. Among other premium features, the highly accurate Axis includes an attractive, smooth receiver, a heavily textured grip, a free-floated sporter-taper barrel, a very effective recoil pad, and sling swivel studs.
q & aback to top
Do you have questions about this product? 4 easy ways to get the answers you need:
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Is this rifle drilled and tapped for a scope to be mounted?Asked on 1/14/2013 by Anonymous
Q:Does this rifle come with scope bases? if so does it also come with scope rings?Asked on 6/15/2012 by John from Long Island, NY