Remington Model 597 Rimfire Rifle Package
Item # 422252
Our Price $249.99
Availability: Sold Out
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionThe Model 597 is easily the most advanced autoloading rimfire rifle ever built, and the most technologically advanced breakthrough in autoloading rimfire rifle technology in 35 years. The difference starts with Remington's proprietary bolt-guidance system, which features a unique set of twin tool-steel guide rails for better stability, feeding reliability and greater out-of-the-box accuracy. The bolt, hammer and sear of the Model 597 all feature an exclusive nickel-Teflon plating for smooth, dependable operation and an ultra-crisp trigger pull. To assure reliable, long-term accuracy, the 597 incorporates a unique positive-locking, permanently rigid barrel attachment clamp. Receivers are grooved for standard rimfire mounts and tapped/drilled for Weaver-style bases. Completing the breakthrough design are an innovative last-shot "hold open" magazine feature and Remington's patented, easy-to-use staggered-stack magazine. In this exclusive Gander Mountain package, the 597 is coupled with a 3-9x32MM scope.
q & aback to top
Do you have questions about this product? 4 easy ways to get the answers you need:
• Live Help - Real time help for basic questions. click here
• Customer Service - Use our online contact center to contact customer service and receive a response usually within 24 hours.
• Product Expert - Use our online contact center to contact our Product Experts to receive a response usually within 48 hours.
• Answer Box - Get answers from real customers by clicking "Ask a Question" below.
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
4 Questions | 4 Answers
Displaying questions 1-4
Q:What is the overall length?Asked on 6/10/2012 by Anonymous
Q:Is there a high cap. magazine available for this gun?Asked on 5/1/2012 by Anonymous from auburn,mi
Q:is this rifle available in .22WMR caliber?Asked on 4/23/2012 by Red from Beaumont,TX
Q:Will this kill a mid-size deer and or a coyote?Asked on 12/29/2009 by Kenny bob from dayton, ohio
A:From under 100 yards it should... just hit it in the head.Answered on 1/3/2010 by Ryder from New, York
A:This would not be the ideal caliber for deer and in most states the use of this caliber for big game would be illegal.
Further the use of this caliber would be down right un-sportsman and frowned on by any real big game hunter.Answered on 2/21/2010 by Krostown6 from Woodridge Ny
A:No, if you want to kill a small dear or cayote i recommend calibers .223-.308. the 22lr round is a good round for small game but on a deer/cayote you will need probably 2-3 shots and these animals are smart and very fast!!!!!!!!!Answered on 4/6/2012 by whitetailsniper from Green Bay, WI
A:wont kill deer, but i have taken coyotes within 75 yards using cci stinger ammo. you should use at least a .223 though, but if coyotes are your game this will get you started.Answered on 5/19/2012 by the truth from wisconsin
Displaying questions 1-4