details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionDesigned with Okuma's all-new "Carbonite" drag system, the Cortez Star Drag Reel features a newly-developed, carbon-based drag material which displaces heat and friction consistently and steadily even under the harshest of fishing conditions. Used in conjunction with a small amount of specially-formulated Okuma drag grease, the Carbonite drag system allows for a much wider and smoother drag range, all while maintaining exceptional performance and pure fish-stopping power.
Nimble, agile and simply a ton of fun to fish, the Okuma Cortez brings light tackle performance to a whole new category of anglers. Drop down gearbox, swept in handle and Ergo Grip handle knob accentuate balance and delivery of power from the XL gearing, red anodized machined aluminum spool and multi-disc Carbonite drag system. Graphite frame and side plates maintain a feather light feel and balance while increasing corrosion resistance.
Other Cortez Star Features:
• Corrosion-resistant graphite frame and sideplates
• Machined aluminum, red anodized star
• Multi-disc Carbonite drag system
• 4BB+1RB stainless steel bearings
• External magnetic cast control system
• Dual anti-reverse system (mechanical & roller bearing)
• XL Gearing: Drop down gear box with 6.2:1 gear ratio
• Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
• MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing system for increased durability
• Self lubricating gear system on all models
• Cortez reels are backed by a 1-year warranty