detailsback to top
Product DescriptionThe compact HRC8 is Maxwell's horizontal version of the latest innovative automatic rope/chain windlasses. The HRC8 is packed with original and proven features, including rode management technology developed by Maxwell.
HRC8 Windlass Features:
• Simple "bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and setup.
• Guaranteed trouble-free rode transition from rope to chain by means of an innovative, proven, and patented pressure arm system within a safe enclosed design.
• Integrated composite nylon through deck hawse pipe for ease of installation and smooth, snag-free operation.
• High efficiency spur gearbox incorporates a robust non-backwind mechanism.
• High speed, jam-free retrieval of rope and chain controlled from a remote panel-mounted Up/Down switch.
• Emergency "free fall" function in the event of onboard power failure.
• Revolutionary new chainwheel.
• Heavy-duty, dual direction motor incorporates new technology features, including integrated wiring for quick electrical installation, and is easily removed for simple maintenance.
• Now incorporating Maxwell's automatic free-fall technology. Simply activate the windlass 'free fall' lever, operate your down control (helm station or foot switch) and the windlass will free fall your anchor. Ready to leave the site? Activate the up control, and the 'free fall' device automatically disengages, allowing you to lift up your anchor.
• Aesthetically pleasing above-deck design.
• Die cast, marine-grade alloy case is hard anodized for unsurpassed marine protection.