Farm To Feet Women's Kittery Crew Stylized Traditional Hiker Sock
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
Merino wool is itch-free, resists odor/bacteria
Outer nylon plaiting; bottom-of-foot cushioning
Full-density cushioning insulates, absorbs shock
Seamless toe closure = reduced bulk, blister-free
Comfort compression for precise fit, support
The town of Kittery, Maine, evokes classic New England weather, terrain, and the ruddy-faced residents who thrive in these sometimes downright inhospitable conditions. Farm To Feet built the Kittery using traditional outer plaiting construction, which places the most body yarn next to the skin to gain maximum comfort and insulation from the 100% American-grown Merino wool they use in all their socks. With its casual styling, this cushioned light hiker makes a great choice for both work and play. 74% U.S. Merino wool, 25% U.S. nylon, 1% U.S. spandex fabric.
UNIQUE DESIGN FEATURES:
• U.S. Merino Wool is soft, itch-free, naturally odor- and bacteria-resistant, cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. Farm To Feet sources their 100% U.S.-grown Merino wool exclusively from sheep raised by American farmers on American farms.
• Outer Nylon Plaiting - A more traditional sock construction technique that produces classic linear patterns and heathered textures, outer nylon plaiting knits the stretch yarns in the outer layers of the sock and the body yarn on the inside. Reinforcing yarns woven into the stretch shell increase durability, while wool fibers sit closer to the skin for maximum insulation.
• Bottom-Of-Foot Cushioning adds shock-absorbing loop knit across the entire sole, from the toes to the heel. Cushioning here reduces impact from running and hiking, and the fitted instep won't interfere with low-volume shoes.
• Full-Density Cushioning features a terry-knit loop on every interior stitch, providing better insulation, exceptional wicking, and increased protection against impact. Its faster moisture absorption keeps the skin dry and reduces friction, while its shock-absorbing nature enhances the performance of multi-sport and outdoor socks.
• Seamless Toe Closure - Advanced knitting techniques create a totally flat connection in the toe box, reducing bulk and eliminating blister-generating friction.
• Comfort Compression - Circumferential compression from the top of the sock through the arch creates a precise, comfortable fit that helps support the foot throughout the day.
• Durability Assured - Reinforced construction and low-stress seam placement reduce wear and tear, increasing the life of the sock.