Merino wool is itch-free, resists odor/bacteria
Outer nylon plaiting; top-to-toe cushioning
Full-density cushioning insulates, absorbs shock
Seamless toe closure = reduced bulk, blister-free
Comfort compression for precise fit, support
The Farm To Feet Jamestown Crew Sock is a medium-weight traditional hiker that's ideal for colder temperatures. Outer plaiting construction surrounds the softer body yarns with more durable stretch yarns for better insulation and improved longevity. Top-to-toe, full-density padding cushions the instep and entire leg shaft when wearing heavy boots, while 100% American-grown Merino wool provides exceptional insulation even when wet with snow or perspiration. 71% U.S. Merino wool, 28% U.S. nylon, 1% U.S. spandex fabric.
UNIQUE DESIGN FEATURES:
• U.S. Merino Wool is soft, itch-free, naturally odor- and bacteria-resistant, cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. Farm To Feet sources their 100% U.S.-grown Merino wool exclusively from sheep raised by American farmers on American farms.
• Outer Nylon Plaiting - A more traditional sock construction technique that produces classic linear patterns and heathered textures, outer nylon plaiting knits the stretch yarns in the outer layers of the sock and the body yarn on the inside. Reinforcing yarns woven into the stretch shell increase durability, while wool fibers sit closer to the skin for maximum insulation.
• Top-To-Toe Cushioning increases comfort in heavy, high-volume footwear like hiking and winter boots. Cushioning loop-knit along the instep and up the shaft of the sock adds insulation while protecting the foot from stiff boot tongues and uppers.
• Full-Density Cushioning features a terry-knit loop on every interior stitch, providing better insulation, exceptional wicking, and increased protection against impact. Its faster moisture absorption keeps the skin dry and reduces friction, while its shock-absorbing nature enhances the performance of multi-sport and outdoor socks.
• Seamless Toe Closure - Advanced knitting techniques create a totally flat connection in the toe box, reducing bulk and eliminating blister-generating friction.
• Comfort Compression - Circumferential compression from the top of the sock through the arch creates a precise, comfortable fit that helps support the foot throughout the day.
• Durability Assured - Reinforced construction and low-stress seam placement reduce wear and tear, increasing the life of the sock.