ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Enfield No. 2 Mk 1 Handgun
Item # UF102851847
Action - Revolver
Action Type - Double Action Only
Caliber - .38-200 Win.
Barrel Length - 5"
Weight - 1.6 Lbs.
Our Price $599.99
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionChambered for .38-200, a cartridge specifically designed for military use, the Enfield No. 2 Mk 1 was the standard British sidearm in the Second World War. The No. 2 Mk 1 was born when British authorities began searching for a double-action revolver with less weight and recoil than the Webley they'd been using, that could be quickly mastered by a minimally-trained soldier and gave him a good probability of hitting an enemy with the first shot at extremely close ranges. The .38-200 round was created by combining a .38 S&W catridge with a 200 grain bullet. By using such a long, heavy, round-nosed lead bullet in a .38 caliber cartridge, it was found that the bullet, being minimally stabilized for its weight and caliber, tended to tumble longitudinally when striking an object, theoretically increasing wounding and stopping ability of human targets at short ranges. This double-action-only revolver features a fixed blade front sight with a rear groove, wooden grips, and a saddle ring. Its wood and metal are in fair condition and its bore is in good condition.