Find a Store
My Account X
ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Eddystone Model of 1917 Sporterized Centerfire Rifle w/ Scope
Item # UF103160696
Action - Bolt Action
Caliber - .30-06 Sprg.
Barrel Length - 24"
Weight - 10.0 Lbs.
Sights - Tasco 3-9x432mm Scope
Our Price $549.99
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionWhen rifles were in short supply during World War I, the US military adapted the design of Enfield Model of 1917 for .30-06 ammunition and these rifles were produced for field use by American companies like Eddystone. The M1917 has a longer, heavier-weight barrel than the 1903 Springfield, and combined with a longer sighting plane, proved generally more accurate at long distances. The rifle was designed with a rear receiver aperture sight, protected by sturdy ears, a design that proved to be faster and more accurate than the typical mid-barrel sight offered at the time. The rifle maintains the British cock-on-closing feature, in which the bolt's mainspring is loaded and the rifle cocked as part of the return stroke of the bolt, which aided rapid fire. The bolt handle on the M1917 recesses into a notch in the receiver, which serves as a emergency locking lug in the event of failure of the frontal locking lugs, a design that has since been adopted by many modern manufacturers. This sporterized rifle comes with a Tasco 3-9x32mm scope. Its wood, metal, and bore are all in good condition.