ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Deutsche Werke Ortgies Patent Handgun
Item # UF103084262
Action - Semi-Auto
Action Type - Single Action
Caliber - .32 ACP
Barrel Length - 3-3/8"
Our Price $349.99
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionOriginally designed by Heinrich Ortgies, the Ortgies Patent was purchased by German state manufacturer Deutsche Werke, shortly after World War I. The most unusual features of the Ortgies pistol is the grip safety that stays in the fire position after being squeezed. The grip plates are held on by a patented latch mechanism inside the rear portion of the grip frame that allows the gun to be disassembled without tools. The barrel on the Ortgies can be removed by twisting it 90 degrees, further enhancing the no-screw design. The Ortgies disconnector design is unique as well, a small button that moves laterally when the slide reciprocates. While Deutsche Werke made some 9mm variants, the standard Ortgies came in 7.65mm (.32 ACP). This handgun features a fixed low-profile sights with a rear notch and a 7-round magazine. Its wood, metal, and bore are all in good condition.