ROLL ON TO ZOOM IN
Colt Model 1877 Thunderer Handgun
Item # UF101637387
Action - Revolver
Action Type - Double Action
Caliber - .41 LC
Barrel Length - 4-1/2"
Weight - 1.4 Lbs.
Our Price $1,499.99
Availability: Sold Out
- Firearms shipping charge of $25.00 per item.
- You must be at least 21 years old to purchase this item. State and local laws may vary.
- To purchase online and pickup at a Gander Mountain store simply add this item to your cart.
- To purchase and ship to a FFL dealer other than Gander Mountain, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- NY Customers: To purchase firearms and ship to a Gander Mountain store or other FFL dealer, please call 888-542-6337 and press 3 for firearms.
- Additional discounts do not apply.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.
details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionThe Model 1877 was Colt's first attempt at manufacturing a double-action revolver and its early double-action mechanism proved to be both intricate and delicate. Originally called the New Double Action Self-Cocking Central Fire Six Shot Revolver, the Model 1877 was designed by Colt's well-known employee, William Mason, who also designed the famed Single Action Army Model of 1873. The 1877 has a three-position hammer with safety, half-cock, and full cock notches. Other attributes include a cylinder pin mounted through the center of the frame, a loading gate mounted on the frame, and a rod ejector mounted on the barrel. Its signal rear-offset "birds head" grip which gives the revolver a very distinctive look. This late 19th century revolver features a front blade sight with a rear notch. Its grips, its metal, and its bore are in good condition.