The Carcano rifle action was jointly developed by Lt. Col. Salvatore Carcano and Col. G. Parravicino at the Torino Arms Factory in Turin, Italy. In 1938, Carcano Model 91 long rifle design was discontinued in favor of a new short rifle design, the Model 38, with a new type of ammunition: a spire-pointed 7.35x51mm round. The tip on the 7.35 bull was filled with aluminum to produce an unstable, tumbling, projectile upon impact with soft tissue, a design intended to make the round more deadly. A number of Italian soldiers on the Russian front were armed with the 38 and later a larger number of the rifles were sent to Finland where they were known as Terni Carbines due to their origin in Terni, Italy. This 1938-manfactured bolt-action rifle features a post front sight with a fixed rear notch, a Weaver side-mount scope-mounting base and rings, and a 2-position safety. Its wood, metal, and bore are all in good condition.