details & specsback to top
Product DescriptionThe Garmin GPSMAP 740 is a stand-alone touchscreen chartplotter that brings a new level of functionality to your vessel. Featuring a brilliant 7" display, Garmin's GPSMAP 740 puts all the information you need right at your fingertips. Unit dimensions: 8.8"W x 5.6"H x 3.1"D.
Explore the Seas
The Garmin GPSMAP 740 contains preloaded map data for all US coastal areas, including Alaska and Hawaii, plus Explorer Charts for the Bahamas. Garmin GPSMAP 740 also features an internal, high-sensitivity GPS receiver for superior satellite tracking and quicker acquisition times. And as an added benefit, Garmin GPSMAP 740 can receive graphical weather data for North America through the optional Garmin GXM 51 satellite receiver/antenna (sold separately).
Take Control by Touch
Input is easy with Garmin GPSMAP 740. Whether you're changing course or simply reviewing information in front of you, the intuitive touchscreen interface makes for simple operation. The device also offers flexible brightness levels for daytime readability along with low-light dimming during night use. And with a widescreen display that's rugged and waterproof, it's made to perform in any situation.
Expand with Radar
Featuring a built-in radar port, Garmin GPSMAP 740 can be interfaced with Garmin's GMR marine radar systems (sold separately). Whether you're adding radar now or in the future, you'll enjoy the convenience of "plug-and-play installation" as well as the power, range, and high-definition targeting of our proven radar offerings.
Add Extras with BlueChart g2 Vision
With the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card, you can add a whole new dimension of exceptional features to your chartplotter.
• MarinerEye view and FishEye view provide you a 3D perspective of map information, both above and below the waterline.
• High-resolution satellite images and aerial photographs help you orient yourself in unfamiliar areas.
• Auto Guidance technology searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can actually follow - one that avoids obstacles, shallow water, buoys, and other obstructions.
Garmin GPSMAP 740 Display:
• 7" WVGA color touchscreen display
• 800 x 480 pixel resolution
• Flexible brightness levels
• Low-light dimming during nighttime use
• Rugged, waterproof widescreen display
Garmin GPSMAP 740 Maps and Memory:
• Preloaded US coastal maps
• Accepts BlueChart g2 Vision SD cards
• Save up to 3,000 waypoints and 100 routes
• Save up to 20,000 points; 50 saved tracks
Garmin GPSMAP 740 Networking:
• Interfaces with Garmin's line of GMR marine radar systems (sold separately)
• Full NMEA 2000 connectivity
• Compatible with XM weather, DSC, AIS