Common Questions About Your Returns
- 1. Gander 100% Guarantee
- 2. Return Policy
- 3. FREE Returns in Store
- 4. FREE Apparel & Footwear Returns
- 5. Returns by Mail
- 6. Damaged Shipments
- 7. Additional information about your returns
- Summit Protection Plan
- 1. What is a Summit Protection Plan?
- 2. Can a Summit Protection Plan be returned?
- 3. What is the phone number to reach assistance on the Summit Protection Plan?
- 4. What products are covered?
- 5. When does coverage begin?
- 6. What is covered under this warranty program?
- 7. Do I have to register the Summit Protection Plan purchased with my product?
- 8. Will I get a replacement product sent to me or receive a refund?
- 9. Is it a one-time replacement or service on all plans?
- 10. What does “Transferable” mean on the Summit Protection Plan?
- 11. Can Summit Protection Plans be purchased with Gander Mountain, GSX, or Guide Series
- 12. Can I purchase a Summit Protection Plan for my product purchased through Buy Online,
Pickup in Store or Ship to Store?
Gander 100% Guarantee
All Gander Mtn. brand apparel and footwear has a lifetime guarantee against normal wear and tear and defect in material or workmanship. All other Gander Mtn. brand product has our standard one-year guarantee.
Gander Mtn. stands behind the quality of our products and wants you to be satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are not completely satisfied, we will provide a refund or exchange for the item within 90 days of your purchase, unless an exception noted below applies. We will apply your refund, less shipping and handling, to the original form of payment. If you would prefer an exchange, we will send it promptly. If you are returning items that were ordered as part of a promotional discount or were bundled, we will gladly accept the return; however, the value of the discount, free product, or gift card will be deducted from your reimbursement.
The following exceptions apply:
- Unopened and unused electronics may be returned within 30 days of purchase. Opened but unused electronics returned with all original manuals, accessories, and packaging, within 30 days, may be exchanged but are subject to a 10% restocking fee. After 30 days, any defective product must be returned to the manufacturer.
- Tents, ice houses, tree stands, waders, and kayaks may be returned within 30 days, if they are unopened and unused. Tree stands may not be returned if opened. Used products returned within this time period may be exchanged but are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- Firearms, ammunition, primers, reloading powder, black powder, generators, bows, crossbows, and trolling motors may not be returned.
- Defective footwear may be exchanged within one year of purchase, provided the footwear has been used under the manufacturer’s specified conditions. Normal wear and tear guidelines apply. A valid receipt must be presented at the time of exchange.
FREE Returns in Store
For your convenience you may also return your purchase to your nearest Gander Mountain store for Free. To return merchandise to a Gander Mountain store you must:
- Have the packing slip that was included with your order.
- Have a valid photo ID and the credit card used to make the purchase.
- Include all original packing materials, manuals, and accessories with the product.
- If PayPal or PayPal Credit were used for the original purchase, any refunds will be issued as a Gift Card.
FREE Apparel & Footwear Returns
If you are not 100% satisfied with your apparel or footwear purchase, you can return your order within 90 days for a full refund plus free return shipping. The apparel or footwear must be in new, unused condition and must be in the original box and/or packaging. Please call 1-888-542-6337 to request your return label for FREE return shipping. Our hours are:
Monday-Saturday, 8am-11pm ET
Sunday, 9am-10pm ET
Returns by Mail
You may return your online purchase through the mail. To return your purchase:
- Fill out the return information on the back of the packing slip and include it with the merchandise.
- Indicate the reason for the return and the action to be taken (exchange/refund).
- Send Returns to:
Gander Mountain Customer Returns Center
5398 Martin Luther King Jr. Highway
Greenville, NC 27834
- For your protection, please insure your package for its full value. Unfortunately, we cannot accept parcels sent freight collect or COD. Refused shipments are subject to a 10% restocking fee, and original shipping and handling will not be refunded on refusals.
If your items arrive damaged, please keep all boxes and packing materials and immediately contact customer service at 1-888-542-6337 for further instructions. Our hours are:
Monday-Saturday, 8am-11pm ET
Sunday, 9am-10pm ET
Additional information about your returns
Should you have any questions about your return, please call 1-888-542-6337. Our hours are:
Monday-Saturday, 8am-11pm ET
Sunday, 9am-10pm ET
Summit Protection Plan
What is a Summit Protection Plan?
- Most products come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty. The Summit Protection Plan expands coverage to include failure due to normal wear and tear, electrical, mechanical, and defects in material and workmanship, eliminates shipping charges, and provides a replacement product or gift card for the original purchase price, including sales tax.
- Some of our Summit Protection Plans include Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH). ADH extends coverage to include unintentional damage that affects the performance of the product against failures caused by drops, spills, and falls. See a Sales Associate or the Summit Protection Plan Brochure for more details!
Can a Summit Protection Plan be returned?
- A Summit Protection Plan may be returned with a receipt to a Gander Mountain Store for a full refund during the product return policy period, (following the Product Return Policy Guidelines).
- After the products return period, contact Summit Protection Plan Customer Service Representatives at 1-866-652-4036 to assist you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is the phone number to reach assistance on the Summit Protection Plan?
Contact Summit Protection Plan Customer Service at 1-866-652-4036; available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to receive a prorated refund.
What products are covered?
Examples of qualifying products for coverage include apparel, fieldwear, eyewear, electronics, rods & reels, optics, binoculars, scopes, processing equipment, and many more. For more information see a Sales Associate or the Summit Protection Plan Brochure.
When does coverage begin?
Replacement Plan coverage begins upon expiration of retailers return policy or upon expiration of the shortest portion of the products manufacturer warranty, whichever is later.
What is covered under this warranty program?
Normal wear and tear, electrical, mechanical, and defects in material and workmanship are covered. Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) is covered on select products. ADH provides additional protection against failures caused by drops, spills, and falls. Our Eyewear plan also includes ADH coverage. See the Summit Protection Plan Brochure for more details.
Do I have to register the Summit Protection Plan purchased with my product?
No, the plan can be registered at the time of claim initiation if your product should fail. However, for your convenience, your plan can be registered at any time by calling Customer Service at 1-866-652-4036 or visiting online at www.MyProtectionPlan360.com/SummitProtection.
Will I get a replacement product sent to me or receive a refund?
All “replacements” are issued in the form of a Gander Mountain Product Replacement Gift Card. You will receive a gift card for the original product purchase price, including sales tax, to use at one of our retail locations or online at GMTN.com towards the purchase of a replacement product.
Is it a one-time replacement or service on all plans?
- You will receive a one-time replacement during the Replacement Plan coverage period. Once the replacement is fulfilled, coverage ends. To ensure continued coverage on future purchases, a Sales Associate will be happy to assist you with Summit Protection Plan options.
- Service Plans purchased with qualifying products can be serviced as many times as necessary during coverage. Once the product is deemed non-repairable, you will receive a replacement or a Product Replacement Gift Card for the amount of the original product purchase price, including sales tax.
What does “Transferable” mean on the Summit Protection Plan?
If you purchase a Summit Protection Plan with your product and later sell or gift the product, the new owner can be transferred the Summit Protection Plan. The new owner of the product should call Customer Service at 1-866-652-4036 to transfer the plan under the new owner’s name. Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Can Summit Protection Plans be purchased with Gander Mountain, GSX, or Guide Series branded merchandise?
- Gander Mtn. stands behind these brands with the Gander Guarantee. This guarantees our customers lifetime warranty of apparel and footwear merchandise under normal wear and tear and defects in the material or workmanship.
- Select Gander Mtn. branded products are eligible for a 2 Year Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage. See
a Sales Associate for more information regarding eligible Gander Mtn. products. Some examples of Gander Mtn. eligible
i. Fishing Rods and Reels
ii. Food Processing
Can I purchase a Summit Protection Plan for my product purchased through Buy Online, Pickup in Store or Ship to
Yes, upon pickup an Associate will assist in finalizing your pickup and recommend any protection plan that your product might be eligible for. You can purchase a protection plan at the time of pickup.